THe Reserve Bank of Australia increases rates by 25 basis points
The RBA increased interest rates again by 25 basis points, now up to 3.75%.
The USA and European Economies are reeling from the GFC and have decided to maintain their interest rates just above zero…. and the RBA, my friends, are doing all in their power to stem the growth which the Government created to avoid the recession that we should have had!!
I suppose that the A$ should increase again… great for our importers… shitty for our exporters.
Australia has a window of opportunity to survive and thrive in the next 5-10 years. The stars are aligning for us….
- Our standard of living is one of the highest in the world, and people envy our lifestyle and our country
- Best Tourism Facilities in the world
- Great Golf Courses!!
- Lots of Commodities we can mine and export
- Residential Properties are giving strong returns (+5%) and there is a massive shortage of property in growth areas
- Opportunity to increase population through immigration = increased infrastructure spend = more jobs = well being
- Stable Government where there is not much difference in policies (in my view) between the parties….
Lets focus on taking advantage of the opportunities and try not to mess up this unique opportunity that we have as a country!!
Your views would be appreciated!!