Questions to Ask About Your Insurances
The questions we help clients solve are as follows:
- Do you have any cover in place?
- Do you know what the benefits of your cover are?
- Do you have a schedule of all insurances in one place?
- Are there clear instructions of what to do if the need for a claim arises
- Does our spouse/beneficiaries know where to access the file and who to contact if a claimable event arises?
- Who is the beneficiary listed on your policy? Is this clearly stated on your policies?
- Do you have a will in place?
- Do you know what happens if you die without a beneficiary being listed?
- Do you have a record of premium amounts being deducted from your various bank accounts/credit cards?
- How did you come up with the amount of insurance cover you currently have in place?
- Is your Insurance Premiums being paid by the right vehicle (is it possible to pay for your insurance through your Superannuation)?
- When last was your Insurance Cover reviewed? Is it adequate?
- Are there any tax issues with your cover? Are any of your benefits subject to tax?
- Could you be paying premiums for a benefit that you may not be eligible to receive?
An Ark Financial Planner will help you answer these questions, and develop a personalised strategy taking into account your overall financial position, including your debts, your dependants future income requirements, and any other requirements you might have.