– I watch too much TV – I limit myself to one hour of TV per day.
– I don’t remember names – I write down names and remember them.
– I get angry quickly – remember to breathe and count to 10 (sometimes 20 ) before responding
– I tend to criticise – always think of something nice to say – before starting to criticise
4. Commit to self improvement – continual learning
5. Be open to opportunities – don’t be too rigid and keep an open mind
6. Stay focussed (contradicts keep and open mind)
7. Take care of your health
Eat right and exercise regularly – make it part of your daily routine
8. Create and strengthen existing relationships with people you know like and trust – make referrals and focus on helping others – law of reciprocation – the universe will reward you
9. Take action – do it now – Maurice Goldberg has a great quadrant of knowledge and action – from bottom left
– gambler – big action , little knowledge
– cynic – no action no knowledge
– dreamer – no action big knowledge
– star – taking action with knowledge
10. Stay positive – change your mindset from a negative to a positive – this can be learned and needs to be practiced until it becomes a habit. If there is a setback in your journey to success – treat it as a learning experience .
11. Earn more than you spend – or if you are investing – know that you are investing – or if you are spending more – understand that it is for a limited period
12. Have a team of advisors, mentors and coaches – people at the top of their game have many coaches , mentors and teachers
13. Listen – as Alan Pathmarajah (my mentor) says – listen and silent have the same letters
14. Go beyond – do more than what is required
15. Take responsibility – don’t blame anything on anyone or anything – life will throw you curveballs – deal with it!
16. Be passionate about what you do – love it , practice it , nurture it, become the best at it
17 . Be persistent – if you know it’s right – don’t give up –
18. practice it until you perfect it – and then make it a habit! Strengthen your memory bank.
(Btw – saw a great movie in the plane – inside out – check out the memory bank)
19. Don’t be afraid to fail ! Push the boundaries , innovate and explore .
20. Focus, think and Enjoy
21. Reward yourself and your team regularly
22. Give your team “food and circus ”
What are some of your gems?