More grants for Australian exporters
There have been changes to the Emdg act…. All good says Ivan Kaye at Business Strategies International.
The amendments have delivered on the Coalition’s pre-election commitment to progressively restore funding to EMDG starting with an initial $50 million boost over four years.
These changes are:
- An increase in the number of grants able to be received by an applicant from seven to eight
- A reduction in the minimum expenses threshold required to be incurred by an applicant from $20,000 to $15,000 – ( great for new exporters )
- Enabling a grant to be paid more quickly where a grant is determined before 1 July following the balance distribution date. – (Money quicker for you)
- If you lodge on your own – deadline is 1 dec 2014
- If you lodge through an acreditted Emdg consultant (us) deadline is 3 march 2015
BSI have been EMDG and grant specialists for 27 years accessing hundreds of millions of dollars in grants for small business.