Chicken And Bell Pepper Skewers
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp dry white wine
- ¾ c de winkel acidophilus yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp souvlaki spice (see recipe below)
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ c parsley, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp dry oregano flakes
- ¼ tsp dry chilli flakes (add more or less as desired)
- 1kg chicken thighs, boneless & skinless, cut into 2cm squares
- 12-18 6” bamboo skewers
- red, green and yellow bell peppers, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 red onion, cut into 2cm squares
- Mix together the marinade ingredients, add the diced chicken and leave overnight to marinate.
- To make the skewers, thread the red onion, bell pepper and marinated chicken along the skewer dispersing the pepper colours (thread tight or loose as desired).
- Set oven to 225c.
- Lay skewers on a tray lined with baking paper and roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked.
- serve with the minted yogurt dressing, couscous and a parsley mint salad.
Minted Yogurt Dressing
- 12 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp souvlaki spice (to taste)
- Black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 1c de winkel acidophilus yoghurt
- Mix together just prior to serving.
By Gordon McKenzie