Bill Gates shares 5 pearlers
Bill and Melinda Gates
- Artificial intelligence, energy and biosciences are “the most promising fields” to make an impact in today
- remember those around you
- surround yourself with people who challenge you, teach you, and push you to be your best self. “As [Melinda Gates] does for me,” he said.
- measure your happiness by whether people close to you are happy and love you [and] by the difference you make for others.”
- the “most inspiring book [he’s] ever read” is Steven Pinker’s The Better Angels of our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined. Why? Because, according to Gates, it “shows how the world is getting better”.
And his positive spin on the world….humanity is actually doing better than it ever has before. We’re living longer, healthier, and more fulfilling lives,