5 Ways to Build Trust in the Digital Age
Respondents were presented with a list of advertising media and asked to rate their level of trust as either “Trust Completely/Somewhat” or “Don’t Trust Much/At All.” Let’s take a look at the top five most trustworthy forms of advertising and promotion:
- Recommendations from people I know (92 percent of respondents said they trust these endorsements).
- Consumer opinions posted online (70 percent)
- Editorial content such as newspaper articles (58 percent)
- Branded Web sites (50 percent)
- E-mails I signed up for (47 percent)