10 Things you need to know about sales
I read an article in Smart Company by Yolanda Redrup – which spurred me to write this :-
1. Know your customer – Experts agree it’s fundamentally important in sales for the salesperson to know their customer. DO your research . Do a DISC profile, based on personality, work out your game planto close the sale! You need to be able to read people
2. Don’t sell a Product – sell a solution or a dream. Identify the persons pain and provide a pain killer – not a vitamin! People don’t buy products they buy you, or your company or the Brand which they trust!
3. Connect with your customer – show them value, show them that you care. Identify ways that you can connect with them. Relate to them. Create a relationship. What do you have in common with them
4. Build trust – lower resistance to increase acceptance – relate to the customer. Liz Atkinson, founder of marketing company Zest Possibilities, told SmartCompany building trust is important not only between a customer and the salesperson, but trust in the brand. This, she believes, can be achieved through creating a consistent company image.
5. Look like a winner “The person I look for is fun, confident and driven with a goal to succeed. I understand this, so we project this type of image across the company in every way possible to sell it! From the music we play, the magazines we have sat in reception to how our administrators meet and greet people, we keep the message consistent. “This allows the company to build a relationship immediately with anyone that comes into contact with us, and this message never changes which keeps trust and builds loyalty,” she says.
6. Have a plan, a process and a System – A Roadmap/ A sytems Kit its“all about systems and strategies”. The process needs to be able to be replicated. Hire for attitude and personality – skill can be trained if you have a great system. “ A good person in a great system makes a person great!” An average person in a great system makes a person good!” Sales processes should be simple and they need the right development and training. The strategy also needs to be measurable… what can be measured can be managed!
7. Preparation – sharpen the saw!! Know your customer – have a plan of attack, go through scenarios – know your outcome. Do a rifle shot not a machine gun – be targeted not scattered.
8. Get your customer to say Yes
9. Be online – be all over social media – this is where your customers are or will be!
10. “Leads proposals and sales” If you want to have $1m in sales , have $4m in proposals and $20m in Leads!