10 New Year resolutions to 10X your business in 2015
It’s a perfect opportunity for accountants and other professionals to adopt a winning mindset for 2015.
Below are 10 Top 10 Actions to focus on in 2015 that I read from Steve Salvias Blog:-
1. Leverage your time –
Professionals need to prioritise their time to work on their business, rather than in it to focus on achieving their big-picture goals. Delegate tasks, steer clear of non-income producing activity, give more responsibility to your team and implement efficient systems.
2. Look after your lifetime customers – Your most loyal clients are your most profitable – they spend more each year and they seek your advice and guidance more regularly. Do whatever you can to create and maintain these long-term relationships; the value they will offer in return is worth the effort.
3. Make marketing a priority – Marketing to is the best way to boost your revenue, and the only way to let people know that you exist. Creative, cost-effective ways of marketing are becoming increasingly accessible – take the time to research them, or hire a coach to help.
4. Take advantage of social media – Using social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and blogs can be a virtually free way of positioning yourself as the expert, creating meaningful networks and collecting valuable feedback.
5. Manage your cash flow – 92% of professionals stress about cash flow, but this doesn’t have to be the case. There are countless methods of ensuring that you are never short on cash, and each business needs to implement effective cash flow management policies and practices.
6. Spend time on your self-education –The financial landscape is evolving so rapidly that it’s hard to be an expert in every area of business. Reading, attending seminars and workshops, and following the market to sharpen your skills and keep your business moving. Remember – “Your business will never outperform its leadership!”. Also, if you’ve been thinking about getting help but just haven’t known who or how, get it done this year. Your business and your bank account will thank you for it.
7. Empower your team – You – as the leader – are responsible for creating your firms culture where employees are encouraged to go above and beyond their duties to create a fantastic client experience. In allowing them to use their initiative, this actually increases employee satisfaction at work, and so is beneficial for your customers, your staff, and your business all around.
8. Get a coach – It often takes an outsider to see your business objectively and to know what needs to be done. Seeking the help of a business coach or mentor can both help you identify and achieve your goals, and build your accountability. Hiring professionals to help you in the areas of your business that you struggle with will also be beneficial.
9. Cut your losses – It is important to test and measure the effectiveness of certain management policies, marketing strategies, and working styles. If something you’ve always done isn’t working, drop it – the sooner you do, the sooner can move onto something bigger and better.
10. Balance your life – make this action measurable and specific – aim to spend 10 nights a month with your family and 5 hours a month on something for YOU outside of work.
It is much easier to achieve your goals when you have someone to hold you accountable.
Would you like some extra help with implementing some of these ideas, hold you accountable or even if you’d like a few more idea starters for strategies you can put into action?
Would you be interested in a board of advisers of people you know like and trust, to hold you accountable and who are interested in helping you grow?
As business success coaches & business mentors, 10X will help you establish a mastermind group (a 10X coaching club), with specific programs designed to put the X factor into business.